Job Title: Golf Sales Representative
Territory: Northern California. Emphasis on the San Francisco, CA area.
Reports to: Director of Operations
The Golf Sales Representative is responsible for servicing Golf wholesale specialty and national accounts (seasonally) through store visits, clinics, event support and providing timely feedback on sales, product and marketing.
Essential Job Functions
Organization and Planning
- Work closely with regional sales reps on the territory service plan/needs and budget prior to each season.
- Maintain an up to date calendar detailing a daily, weekly and seasonal schedule of clinics, store visits and events including tradeshows and sales meetings.
- Become ‘expertly’ versed in all aspects of the Palm products including technologies, environmental and brand marketing initiatives.
- Plan time within store visits to cover applicable business issues, support programs and promotional product sales.
- Clinic or visit all accounts outlined by reps, including specialty (bulk of the service), and national and direct retail stores (2x per year minimum).
- Work with sales reps and marketing manager to support in-store merchandising plans.
- Utilize resources and information from the Company's Visual Merchandising Group on in-store merchandising plans and improvements for regional accounts.
- Work closely with facilitator and regional sales reps to educate accounts on environmental programs and promotions.
- Support key dealer and grassroots marketing events and programs as needed.
- Provide feedback regarding current accounts, products and technologies to sales and product management teams.
- Work with regional sales representative to support sales goals for the territory and channel.
- Provide timely feedback to sales reps on sell-through and ASAP opportunities.
- Educate dealers on the employee purchase program and support seeding where needed.
- Engage in employee purchase, replenishment, discontinued merchandise and special make-up sales pushes as needed.
- Identifying prospective dealers which meet territory distribution needs and company marketing objectives.
- Assist sales representatives with product line presentations on an as-needed basis.
- Provide feedback with-in 24 hours of ever visit and 48 hours after events.
- Communicate regularly by phone and email with facilitator and sales team on information concerning specific issues, sales, products and general economic and business situations.
- Maintain an up to date shared calendar with sales team.
- Return calls and emails from dealers and Company colleagues within 24 hours and dealer inquiries within 48 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lb. sample bags and show displays for up to 100 feet.
- Be comfortable and effective traveling 100 days or more per year.
- Ability to travel domestically frequently utilizing various forms of transportation.
- Ability to stare at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 2 – 4 years of golf retail experience.
- Solid understanding of merchandising for golf and surf retail stores.
- Must maintain an excellent driving record.
- Knowledge of PC-based Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to remain proficient with use of Company’s systems to analyze account business and territory sales.
- Must be highly organized, flexible, self-motivated, and energetic and have a solid knowledge of activities for which the company designs and markets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with a variety of people.
- Must be willing to live in designated territory and able and willing to work long hours and weekends during key sales periods.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customer, and vendors.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this opportunity. Applications must have a resume and cover letter with an explanation of why you are a great fit for the team.